Abe Vigoda (1921 - 2016)
- The Godfather (1972) [Tessio]: Killed (off-screen) by Al Pacino's men after being revealed as a traitor; we last see him being led off as Robert Duvall watches, but his death is heavily implied (Vigoda's character was revealed to have been executed by gunshot in the novel The Godfather Returns, but whether or not this is canon with the movies is up for debate). (See also Abe's death in the video game version.)
- Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (1993; animated) [Salvatore Valestra]: Poisoned (off-screen) by The Joker's (voiced by Mark Hamill) Smilex toxin; his death is revealed when The Phantasm (voiced by Stacy Keach) discovers his body in Vigoda's home.
- North (1994) [Alaskan Grandpa]: Dies (off-screen) from old age/being frozen, after his family sends him off on an iceberg to die; his death isn't shown, but his fate is clearly revealed when Kathy Bates informs Elijah Wood. later in the film Elijah wakes up revealing it all to be a dream. (Played for comic effect).
- Sugar Hill (1994) [Gus Molina]: Shot to death, along with Ernie Hudson and Larry Joshua, by Michael Wright in Abe's restaurant.
- Dark Shadows (February 7 1969) [Ezra Braithwaite]: Dies (off-screen) of a heart attack; his body is seen later on in the episode when Jonathan Frid discovers it in Abe's study.
- Tales from the Darkside; A Choice of Dreams (1986) [Jake Corelli]: Dies from cancer; his brain is then removed by David Chandler and kept alive to live in torment.
- Monsters: The Gift (1990) [Dolan]: Neck snapped when Carlos Lauchu (Zach Overton in his beast form) wraps a chain around his neck.
- Witness to the Mob (1998 TV) [Paul Costellano]: Shot to death as he leaves a restaurant.
Video Game DeathsEdit
- The Godfather: The Game (2006) [Salvatore Tessio]: Killed by Aldo Trapani (Andrew Pifko) after being revealed as a traitor. Unlike the film, Tessio makes a last stand by having some Barzinis shoot around while he escapes. (See also Abe's death in the film version.)
- Brother of Bill Vigoda (comic book artist).