Alan Rickman (1946 - 2016)
"I do take my work seriously and the way to do that is not to take yourself too seriously".
Deaths in FilmEdit
- Die Hard (1988) [Hans Gruber]: Falls to his death from the skyscraper at the end of a struggle with Bruce Willis, on top of having been shot in the stomach by Bruce. (Thanks to Emily, Stephen, Debi, Neil, Nilescu, Ryan, Tommy, and Harry)
- Quigley Down Under (1990) [Elliott Marston]: Shot in the chest in a shoot-out with Tom Selleck. (Thanks to Stephen and Debi)
- Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991) [Sheriff of Nottingham]: Stabbed in the chest with a dagger at the end of a fight with Kevin Costner. (Thanks to Wen, Emily, Stephen, Debi, Neil, Nilescu, Ryan, and Harry)
- An Awfully Big Adventure (1995) [P.L. O'Hara]: Commits suicide (off-screen) by drowning himself in the Mersey River. (Thanks to April)
- Galaxy Quest (1999) [Alexander Dane]: Shot with a ray-gun by Robin Sachs; he is later brought back to life when Tim Allen activates The Omega 13 device to turn back time and prevent his death. (Thanks to April and Tommy)
- A Fish Tale (Hjaelp, jeg er en fisk; Help, I'm a Fish) (2000; animated) [Joe]: Drowned after he changes from a fish into human form while underwater. (Thanks to ND)
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007) [Judge Turpin]: Stabbed and slashed repeatedly in the throat with a straight razor by Johnny Depp, after Johnny reveals his true identity while Alan is sitting in his barber's chair. (Thanks to ND, Katherine, Andrew, Tommy, Josh, Harry, and Smyth)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011) [Professor Severus Snape]: Fatally bitten by the snake Nagini after having his throat slashed with a magic spell by Ralph Fiennes; he dies shortly afterwards while talking to Daniel Radcliffe, having extracted his memories and given them to Daniel. (Thanks to Tommy)
- CBGB (2013) [Hilly Krystal]: Portraying a real life character, he dies from complications of lung cancer. The film closes with an image of the real Hilly and the legend "Hilly Kristal: September 23, 1931 – August 28, 2007".
- Lee Daniels' The Butler (2013) [Ronald Reagan]: Dies (off-screen) of Alzheimer's in the time between the flashback and modern day scenes.
- Romeo and Juliet (1978 TV) [Tybalt]: Stabbed to death in a swordfight with Patrick Ryecart. (Thanks to Debi)
- Rasputin: Dark Servant of Destiny (1996 TV) [Grigori Rasputin]: Drowned/frozen (off-screen) from being thrown into a river after getting poisoned and shot several times by James Frain and the tsarists. (Thanks to Stephen, Joise, and Nilescu)
- Something the Lord Made (2004 TV) [Dr. Alfred Blalock]: Dies (off-screen) of natural causes in his sleep; we learn of his death when Kyra Sedgwick informs Mos Def over the telephone. (Thanks to Stephen)