Alan Rickman (1946 - 2016)
"I do take my work seriously and the way to do that is not to take yourself too seriously".
Deaths in FilmEdit
- Die Hard (1988) [Hans Gruber]: Falls to his death from the skyscraper at the end of a struggle with Bruce Willis, on top of having been shot in the stomach by Bruce. (Thanks to Emily, Stephen, Debi, Neil, Nilescu, Ryan, Tommy, and Harry)
- Quigley Down Under (1990) [Elliott Marston]: Shot in the chest along with his two henchmen Ben Mendelsohn and Tony Bonner by Tom Selleck in a duel. (Thanks to Stephen and Debi)
- Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991) [Sheriff of Nottingham]: Stabbed in the chest with a dagger at the end of a fight with Kevin Costner. (Thanks to Wen, Emily, Stephen, Debi, Neil, Nilescu, Ryan, and Harry)
- An Awfully Big Adventure (1995) [P.L. O'Hara]: Accidentally drowned when he slips on a wet footbridge in the Mersey River. (Thanks to April)
- Galaxy Quest (1999) [Alexander Dane]: Shot with a ray-gun by Robin Sachs; he is later brought back to life when Tim Allen activates The Omega 13 device to turn back time and prevent his death. (Thanks to April and Tommy)
- A Fish Tale (Hjaelp, jeg er en fisk; Help, I'm a Fish) (2000; animated) [Joe]: Drowned after he changes from a fish into human form while underwater. (Thanks to ND)
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007) [Judge Turpin]: Stabbed and slashed repeatedly in the throat with a straight razor by Johnny Depp, after Johnny reveals his true identity while Alan is sitting in his barber's chair. (Thanks to ND, Katherine, Andrew, Tommy, Josh, Harry, and Smyth)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011) [Professor Severus Snape]: Fatally bitten by the snake Nagini after having his throat slashed with a magic spell by Ralph Fiennes; he dies shortly afterwards while talking to Daniel Radcliffe, having extracted his memories and given them to Daniel. (Thanks to Tommy)
- CBGB (2013) [Hilly Krystal]: Portraying a real life character, he dies from complications of lung cancer. The film closes with an image of the real Hilly and the legend "Hilly Kristal: September 23, 1931 – August 28, 2007".
- Lee Daniels' The Butler (2013) [Ronald Reagan]: Dies (off-screen) of Alzheimer's and pneumonia in 2004 between the flashback and modern day scenes.
- Romeo and Juliet (1978 TV) [Tybalt]: Stabbed/impaled after a sword fight by Patrick Ryecart. (Thanks to Debi)
- Rasputin: Dark Servant of Destiny (1996 TV) [Grigori Rasputin]: Drowned/frozen (off-screen) from being thrown into a river after getting poisoned from eating the sweets and drinking the wine containing lethal amounts of cyanide inside both of them, before being shot several times by James Frain and the tsarists. (Thanks to Stephen, Joise, and Nilescu)
- Something the Lord Made (2004 TV) [Dr. Alfred Blalock]: Dies (off-screen) of natural causes in his sleep; we learn of his death when Kyra Sedgwick informs Mos Def over the telephone. (Thanks to Stephen)