Amitabh Bachchan (1942 - )
Deaths in FilmEdit
- Parwana (Moth) (1971) [Kumar Sen]: Commits suicide by shooting himself.
- Bandhe Haath (Tied Hands) (1973) [Shyam/Deepak]: Playing a dual role, "Deepak" dies of a terminal illness. ("Shyam" survives the movie.)
- Deewaar (The Wall) (1975) [Vijay Verma]: Shot in the chest in a shoot-out with his brother (Shashi Kapoor); he dies in the arms of his mother (Nirupa Roy) shortly afterwards.
- Sholay (Embers) (1975) [Jaidev]: Fatally wounded in a shoot-out with Amjad Khan's men; he dies shortly afterwards while talking to Dharmendra.
- Don (1978) [The Don/Vijay]: Playing a dual role, "The Don" is shot in the back by police as he tries to escape; he dies of his wound shortly afterwards while holding a gun on Iftekhar in Iftekhar's car. ("Vijay" survives the movie.)
- Kasme Vaade (1978) [Amit/Shankar]: Playing a dual role, "Amit" is killed by Vijayendra Ghatge (though I don't know the details). ("Shankar" survives the movie.)
- Muqaddar Ka Sikandar (Conqueror of Destiny) (1978) [Sikandar]: Fatally wounded in a shoot-out with Amjad Khan; he dies shortly afterwards with Rakhee Gulzar and Vinod Khanna by his side.
- Shakti (Power) (1982) [Vijay A. Kumar]: Shot by his father (Dilip Kumar) after Amitabh kills Amrish Puri; he dies shortly afterwards after asking Dilip's forgiveness.
- Angeepath (The Path of Fire) (1990) [Vijay Dinanath Chavan]: Shot twice in a shoot-out with Danny Denzongpa; he dies shortly afterwards in the arms of his mother (Rohini Hattangadi).
- Mrityudaata (1997) [Dr. Ram Prasad Ghayal]: Shot to death in a shoot-out with gangsters.
- Kaante (Thorns) (2002) [Yashvardhan 'Major' Rampal]: Fatally wounded in a shoot-out with his cohorts; he dies shortly after shooting Lucky Ali, after learning that Lucky is an undercover cop. (See also Harvey Keitel in Reservoir Dogs.)
- Armaan (Desire) (2003) [Dr. Siddharth Sinha]: Dies of a heart attack while carrying an injured child to the hospital.
- Veer-Zarra (2004) [Chaudhary Sumer Singh]: Dies (off-screen) of old age/natural causes, during the passage of time between scenes.
- Black (2005) [Debraj Sahai]: Dies (off-screen) of Alzheimer's Disease; his death is mentioned in Rani Mukerji's narration.
- Waqt: The Race Against Time (2005) [Ishwarchand Thakur]: Dies of lung cancer.
- Bhoothnath (2008) [Kailash 'Bhoothnath' Nath]: Appears as a ghost (though I don't know whether the circumstances of his death are ever revealed).
- Paa (2009) [Aura]: Playing a child with progeria (rapid aging disease), he dies of progeria with his parents (Abhishek Bachchan and Vidya Balan) by his bedside.
Son of Harivansh Rai Bachchan (poet)
Husband of Jaya Bhaduri
Father of Abhishek Bachchan