Andy Serkis (1964 - )
- Oliver Twist (1999) [Bill Sikes]: Hanged when the rope gets tangled around his neck as he tries to escape by swinging from one building to another.
- Shiner (2000) [Mel]: Throttled/Strangled on his bed by Frank Harper, Michael Caine or one of his cohorts
- The Escapist (2001) [Ricky Barnes]: Killed in a plane crash after Jonny Lee Miller leaves him to die.
- Deathwatch (2002) [Private Thomas Quinn]: Shot to death by Jamie Bell, as a mercy killing after supernaturally-animated barbed wire bursts out of the ground and runs itself around and through Andy's body. (Thanks to Mathew)
- 24 Hour Party People (2002) [Martin Hannett]: Dies (off screen) of a heart attack; we only hear Steve Coogan informing Helen Schlesinger about Steve going to Andy's funeral. (It is a matter of historic record; however, it is played in a slight comic effect, due to Steve's monologue about Andy being too heavy for the coffin to go into the Earth.)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003) [Gollum/Smeagol]: Burned to death when he falls into the lava of Mount Doom after seizing the Ring in a struggle with Elijah Wood. (Andy's performance was done through motion capture; after being filmed performing the role, the CGI character was created around his movements and voice.) (Thanks to Tal, Tommy, and Mathew)
- Blessed (2004) [Father Carlo]: Burns to death, along with Debora Weston and several staff members, after he ignites the spilled fuel that’s on himself with a lighter (after being hit in the face with a glass of acid by Heather Graham) . (My memory is vague but it’s confirmed/clarified he died.)
- King Kong (2005) [Kong/Lumpy]: Playing a dual role as both a live-action human character ("Lumpy") and the CGI/motion-capture ape ("Kong"), "Lumpy" is devoured by wormlike creatures in a cavern. "Kong" falls to his death from the Empire State Building, after being shot by biplanes while he's holding Naomi Watts. (Thanks to Jok, Tommy, and Mathew)
- Sugarhouse (2007) [Hoodwink]: Shot right between the eyes (sending him flying onto a car bonnet) with his own gun by Ashley Walters as Andy is convincing him to kill Steven Mackintosh. His body is later seen as Steven goes to check on him.
- The Cottage (2008) [David]: Hit in the chest with a pickaxe by Dave Legeno, as Andy's brother (Reece Shearsmith) looks on in horror. (Thanks to Mathew)
- Inkheart (2008) [Capricorn]: Turned into ash by the Shadow monster, when Eliza Bennett rewrites the story and reads it aloud. (Thanks to Mathew)
- Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll (2010) [Ian Dury]: Dies (off-screen) of cancer; his death is presented symbolically by showing him walking off a darkened stage at the end of a musical number, followed by a series of photos of the real Ian Dury with the caption "Ian Dury 1942 - 2000." (Thanks to Aubrey)
- The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn (2011; animated) [Captain Haddock/Sir Francis Haddock]: Playing both the present day Haddock and his ancestor, "Sir Francis Haddock" dies (off-screen) years before the main story. (Captain Haddock survives the film.) (The performance was done through motion capture.)
- Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017) [Supreme Leader Snoke]: Bisected with a lightsaber by Adam Driver as Andy orders Adam to kill Daisy Ridley. His body is shown when Adam explains to Domhnall Gleeson what happened, but Adam tells Domhnall that Daisy killed Andy, not himself. (Andy played this character in motion capture.)
- War for the Planet of the Apes (2017) [Caesar]: Providing motion capture for an ape, Andy dies some time after being shot in the side with an arrow by Gabriel Chavarria, while speaking to "Maurice" (motion captured by Karin Konoval) by his side.
- Black Panther (2018) [Ulysses Klaue]: Shot repeatedly by Michael B. Jordan; his body is seen when Michael presents it to Daniel Kaluuya.
- Little Dorrit: Episode 14 (2008) [Rigaud]: Crushed to death when house collapses while he's inside. (Thanks to Mathew)
Video Game DeathsEdit
- LEGO: The Lord of the Rings (2012) [Gollum/Smeagol]: Burned to death when he falls into the lava of Mount Doom after seizing the Ring in a struggle with Frodo (Elijah Wood). (Andy's voice performance was archived from the film)