Cate Blanchett (1969 - )
- Paradise Road (1997) [Susan McCarthy]: Killed by beheading as corporal punishment by a Japanese officer (Anon).
- The Man Who Cried (2000) [Lola]: Killed in an explosion when a German plane drops a bomb on the ship, while she's swimming in the ship's pool. (Thanks to Erivelton)
- The Shipping News (2001) [Petal Bear]: Killed in a car accident when her car goes through a guardrail and into the water; her body is shown afterwards when the car is pulled out of the water (then again when Kevin Spacey has a nightmare of her coming back to life). She later appears as a ghost to Kevin Spacey (presumably a hallucination he is having). (Thanks to Shelley)
- Heaven (2002) [Philippa]: The final scene shows Cate and Giovanni Ribisi ascending straight up in a helicopter until they disappear from sight; although the scene appears symbolic, if interpreted literally, they both presumably die in the inevitable crash shortly after the movie ends. (Thanks to Diahann)
- Veronica Guerin (2003) [Veronica Guerin]: Shot repeatedly by a hitman while sitting in her car at a red light. (Thanks to Davis)
- I'm Not There (2007) [Jude]:
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008) [Daisy]: Dies of old age/natural causes in her hospital room. (At this point in the movie, she's made up to look much older than she actually was.) (Thanks to Tommy)
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008) [Irina Spalko]: Burned to death/disintegrated by the powers of the crystal skulls when they overload her brain with knowledge. (Thanks to Steve, Hunter, and Josh)
- Hanna (2011) [Marissa]: Shot in the head (off-camera) by Saoirse Ronan, after Saoirse first shoots her in the chest with an arrow; the movie ends just as Saoirse fires. (Thanks to Tommy)
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017) [Hela]: Killed when "Surtur" (voiced by Clancy Brown) uses his fire powers to defeat her in battle, as Chris Hemsworth watches on.
- Wife of Andrew Upton (director)