David Thewlis (1963 - )
- Restoration (1995) [John Pearce]: Dies of an illness, with Robert Downey Jr. by his side.
- Dragonheart (1996) [King Einon]: Dies when Dennis Quaid throws an axe into Draco's heart (voiced by Sean Connery), killing David due to his mystical connection to the dragon's heart. (Thanks to Stephen, Tommy and ND)
- American Perfekt (1997) [Santini]: Bleeds to death after Robert Forster cuts out his tongue; he dies while attempting to speak to Fairuza Balk (having repeatedly rammed into the back of her car, forcing it off the road). (Thanks to ND)
- Timeline (2003) [Robert Doniger]: Decapitated (off-camera) with a sword by one of Michael Sheen's knights; we only see the sword swinging down. (Thanks to ND)
- Kingdom of Heaven (2005) [Hospitaler]: Killed during the Battle of Hattin; his severed head is shown on a pike afterwards when Orlando Bloom and Jeremy Irons see it. (Thanks to Wolf and ND)
- The New World (2005) [Wingfield] Shot in the chest by Yorick van Wageningen right before David was about to shoot Colin Farrell. (Historically inaccurate, the real Edward Wingfield died in 1631 from old age and disease in the New Hampshire).
- Basic Instinct 2 (2006) [Det. Supt. Roy Washburn]: Shot in the chest by David Morrissey, who was tricked by Sharon Stone into believing that Thewlis was coming to kill him. (Thanks to Eric)
- The Omen (2006) [Keith Jennings]: Decapitated by a steel fixture from a building when its get knocked loose. (See also David Warner in the 1976 version.) (Thanks to Robert)
- London Boulevard (2010) [Jordan]: Presumably shot to death (off-screen) in a shootout with police as he sits on a bench; the scene cuts to black over gunshots, leaving his fate unclear.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011) [Remus Lupin]: Killed (off-screen) during a battle with Ralph Fiennes's followers. His body is shown afterwards lying beside Natalia Tena's when Daniel Radcliffe walks through the aftermath of the battle. He later appears as a spirit when Daniel holds the Resurrection Stone. (Neither the film nor the original novel reveal the details of his death, but author J.K. Rowling has stated that he was killed by Arben Bajraktaraj.) (Thanks to Tommy)
- RED 2 (2013) [The Frog]: Poisons himself while being interrogated by Neal McDonough (he dies after falling down some stairs during a struggle).
- Macbeth (2015) [Duncan]: Stabbed repeatedly by Michael Fassbender while in bed. His body is seen several times thereafter, as his son (Jack Reynor), Michael's wife (Marion Cotillard), and Sean Harris each enter the tent, and again during his funeral.
- Wonder Woman (2017) [Sir Patrick Morgan/Ares]: Destroyed when Gal Gadot fires David's energy back at him after harnessing it in her gauntlets.
- Dinotopia (2002 mini-series) [Cyrus Crabbe]: Eaten by a prehistoric fish (off-screen) when he attempts to leave the caves in his submarine vessel. We learn of his demise when his wooden leg floats to the surface.
- Ex-Mr. Sara Sugarman.
- Ex-Mr. Kate Hardie.