Dick Van Dyke (1925 - )
- Mary Poppins (1964) [Mr. Dawes Sr./Bert]: Playing a dual role, "Mr. Dawes Sr." dies (off-screen) of a heart attack during a laughing fit that causes him to float off the ground. The scene ends with him rising into the air as he laughs; his death is confirmed when his son (Arthur Malet) informs David Tomlinson. ("Bert" survives the movie.)
- What a Way to Go! (1964) [Edgar Hopper]: Dies of a heart attack while talking on the phone to Shirley MacLaine, after declaring that "A little hard work never killed anybody." (Played for comic effect.)
- The Comic (Billy Bright) (1969) [Billy Bright]: Dies of unspecified natural causes; his body is shown at his funeral at the beginning of the movie, as he narrates his life story (in flashback) from beyond the grave.
- Cold Turkey (1971) [Reverend Clayton Brooks]: Accidentally shot by Judith Lowry, who was aiming for Bob Newhart. (He's last seen alive but wounded; it's unconfirmed whether the shot was fatal.) (Played for comic effect.)
- Scrubs: My Brother, My Keeper (2003) [Dr. Townshend]: Stabbed in the back by Zach Braff in a daydream sequence, when Zack imagines a literal interpretation of his betrayal of Dick by reporting Dick's ordering of an outdated procedure. Dick survives the episode in reality. (Played for comic effect.)
- Brother of Jerry Van Dyke
- Father of Barry Van Dyke.