Dustin Hoffman (1937 - )
- Midnight Cowboy (1969) [Enrico Salvatore 'Ratso' Rizzo]: Dies of tuberculosis while traveling on a bus with Jon Voight.
- Who is Harry Kellerman and Why Is He Saying Those Terrible Things About Me? (1971) [Georgie Soloway]: Commits suicide by crashing his plane (off-screen); the movie ends with the plane flying aimlessly into the distance.
- Lenny (1974) [Lenny Bruce]: Dies (off-screen) of a drug overdose, with his body shown lying on the floor afterwards.
- Billy Bathgate (1991) [Dutch Schultz]: Shot by hitmen after walking out of the bathroom.
- Hook (1991) [Captain James S. Hook]: Eaten by the crocodile when it magically comes back to life from having been stuffed and turned into a clock. (Played for comic effect)
- Wag the Dog (1997) [Stanley Motss]: Killed (off-screen) by Robert De Niro in Dustin's home, using a method that resembles a heart attack. We only see Robert going into Dustin's home and hear the news report informing us of Dustin's death.
- Perfume: The Story of a Murderer (2006) [Giuseppe Baldini]: Crushed to death when his house collapses on him while he's asleep.
- Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium (2007) [Edward Magorium]: Dies of old age/natural causes at 243 years old. We last see Dustin throwing a paper plane in his store for old time's sake, with the scene cutting away to his funeral as the plane lands at his feet.
- Barney's Version (2010) [Israel 'Izzy" Payofsky] Dies of heart complications, his body is later seen when his son (Paul Giamatti) discovers him.
- Death of a Salesman (1985 TV) [Willy Loman]: Commits suicide by crashing his car so that his son can use the life insurance money to start his own business.
- Ex-husband of Anne Byrne.
- Husband of Lisa Gottsegen.