Eileen Atkins (1934- )
- Suite Française (2015) [Denise Epstein]: Dies (off-screen) of the same time of death is mentioned by Michelle Williams's narrator.
TV Deaths Edit
- Marple: Towards Zero (2007) [Lady Camilla Tressilian]: Killed by the right handed tennis player Greg Wise. His weapon is the heavy brass knob off a fire fender which he tapes to the end of a tennis racquet handle and then hits her (offscreen) with a backhand stroke in an attempt to make it look like her murderer was left handed - an attempt to frame Saffron Burrows. (Thanks to Brian).
- Cranford: August 1842 (series 1 episode 2) (2007) [Miss Deborah Jenkyns]: She returns home one evening with Lisa Dillon and Judi Dench and complains of a severe headache. She says goodnight and goes to her room. Seconds later we hear a crash as she falls to the floor. Although the cause of death was not specifically stated, it appeared from what the doctor said that she died of a cerebral haemorrhage. (Thanks to Brian)
- Psychoville: Ravenhill (season 1, episode 4 [Nurse Edwina Kenchington]: The episode ends with suicide bomber Adrian Scarborough setting off the explosives on his vest and a fireball rips through the building killing him and apparently the 8 people he has gathered in the room. In the Halloween special which bridges the 2 seasons we discover that 4 others have died, Atkins, Elizabeth Berrington and 2 other characters who weren't in the room. (Thanks to Brian).
- Upstairs, Downstairs, season 2, episode 1 (2010) [Maud, Lady Holland]: Ever present in season 1, when season 2 starts we learn she has died, no details given. (Thanks to Brian).
- The Crown: Smoke and Mirrors (2016) [Queen Mary of Teck]: Dies from lung cancer in his screen (off-screen). Her family are later seen watching her corpse.