James Cagney (1899 - 1986)
- The Public Enemy (Enemies of the Public) (1931) [Tom Powers]: Dies (off-screen) after being kidnapped from the hospital following a shoot-out with rival gangsters. James' body is shown when his brother (Donald Cook) discovers it propped up against a door.
- Smart Money (1931) [Jack]: Accidentally hits his head on a door stopper when Edward G. Robinson punches him and knocks him to the floor; Edward doesn't realize that James is dead until the police come in and examine him.
- Angels with Dirty Faces (1938) [William "Rocky" Sullivan]: Sentenced to the electric chair and executed off-camera, with only the reactions of those present during the execution shown.
- The Roaring Twenties (1939) [Eddie Bartlett]: Shot in the back by one of Humphrey Bogart's goons as he flees into the street just after killing Humphrey. James staggers to the steps of a nearby building and dramatically collapses into the arms of Gladys George before dying. (Thanks to Mac)
- The Fighting 69th (1940) [Jerry Plunkett]: Fatally injured in an explosion when he throws himself onto a German grenade to save his fellow soldiers in the foxhole. (Thanks to Stephen)
- Captains of the Clouds (1942) [Brian MacLean, Bush Pilot]: Shot down in combat. (Thanks to Fred)
- 13 Rue Madeleine (1947) [Bob Sharkey]: Killed in an explosion after he calls in an airstrike on his own position after infiltrating a German Intelligence headquarters. (Thanks to Betty)
- White Heat (1949) [Arthur "Cody" Jarrett]: Shot at with a rifle several times by Edmond O'Brien at the top of a globe-shaped storage tank before James shoots at the tank and sets off a tremendous explosion, blowing himself up.
- Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye (1950) [Ralph Cotter]: Shot to death by Barbara Payton. (Thanks to Fred)
- A Lion is in the Streets (1953) [Hank Martin]: Shot to death by Jeanne Cagney during a political rally. (Thanks to Fred)
- Man of a Thousand Faces (1957) [Lon Chaney]: Dies of lung cancer with his loved ones gathered around his bedside.
- Shake Hands with the Devil (1958) [Sean Lenihan]: Shot in the chest by Don Murray when James turns and points his gun at Don on a hilltop.
Brother of Jeanne Cagney