Jason Segel (1980 - )
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall (2008) [Peter Bretter]: In a play-within-the-film where Jason is operating a puppet Dracula, he is stabbed in the chest with a stake by the Van Helsing puppet (operated by Bill Hader) (Jason survives the film in reality). (Played for comic effect.)
- Despicable Me (2010) [Vector]: Presumably dies on the moon due to lack of oxygen or starvation.
- This is the End (2013) [Jason Segel]: Falls into a giant crater that forms during the apocalypse. (Played for comic effect.)
- The End of the Tour (2015) [David Foster Wallace]: Commits suicide (off screen) by hanging himself; we learn of his death when Jesse Eisenberg receives a phone call several years after the main portion of the story.
- Family Guy: Peter's Progress (2009; animated) [Marshall Eriksen]: Shot throught the chest with an arrow by the Lead Archer (voiced by Alexander Siddig), along with Neil Patrick Harris and Josh Radnor, by order of King Stewart (voiced by Seth MacFarlane). (Played for comic effect.)
- How I Met Your Mother: Platonish (2013) [Marshall Ericksen]: In an elaborate scenario imagined by Neil Patrick Harris, Segel is killed in an explosion (along with Cobie Smulders, Alyson Hannigan and the rest of the people in a bar) when the bomb on Hannigan's chest goes off after Segel and Smulders refuse to meet the terrorists' (whom put the bomb on Hannigan) demand to make out due to their extremely platonic relationship. (Jason survives the episode in reality.) (Played for comic effect.)