John Amos (1939 - )
- Die Hard 2 (Die Hard 2: Die Harder) (1990) [Major Grant]: Sucked into the engine of an airplane and cut to shreds while fighting Bruce Willis on the plane's wing.
- Night Trap (1993) [Capt. Hodges]: Burned to death/Killed in an explosion when he ignites the spilled fuel with a gunshot while trying to kill the cursed Michael Ironside (as Robert Davi looks on in shock).
- Hologram Man (1995) [Wes Strickland]: Shot in the chest by Evan Lurie while John is charging at Evan.
- Good Times: The Big Move (1976) [James Evans]: John doesn't appear in this episode, but it's revealed that his character was killed in a car accident. (this 'death' was done, due to a contract dispute Amos had).
- Roots (1977 TV mini-series) [Kunta Kinte a.k.a Toby]: Dies (off screen) of a "broken heart"; his grave is seen later on when his daughter (Leslie Uggams) visits it.