John Astin (1930 - )
- Night Life (Grave Misdemeanours) (1988) [Verlin Flanders]: Dies when his torso explodes after the undead Mark Pellegrino and his other zombie friends force a tube down his throat and pump air into his body at a gas station/car mechanics as his nephew (Scott Grimes) secretly looks on.
- School of Life (1995) [Stormin' Norman Warner]: Dies of a heart attack while accepting an award on stage. (Thanks to Neil)
- The Frighteners (1996) [The Judge]: Plays the ghost of a 19th-century gunfighter; he "dies" once again after confronting the Soul Collector (who cuts his spine in half with a scythe).
- The Wild Wild West: Night of the Tartar (1967) [Count Nikolai Sazanov]: Stabbed in the chest in a fight with Robert Conrad.
- Rod Sterling's Night Gallery: Pamela's Voice (1971) [Jonathan]: Dies (off-screen) as a result of heavy drinking and overeating; he appears as a ghost in the funeral home throughout the episode, and his body is shown when he looks in the coffin and discovers it's his own funeral.
- Rod Sterling's Night Gallery: Hell's Bells (1971) [Randy Miller]: Killed when his car runs off the road on a steep hill and explodes. He spends the rest of the film in an abstract version of hell where he would be surrounded by boring things for all eternity.
- Rod Sterling's Night Gallery: The Girl with the Hungry Eyes (1972) [Munsch]: Drained of life (off-screen) by Joanna Pettet. Neither his death nor his body is shown; we only learn of his death when James Farentino confronts Joanna about it.
- Murder, She Wrote: Film Flam (1995) [Fritz Randall]: Poisoned (off-screen) with an overdose of sleeping pills by Kim Darby. His body is shown afterwards when Angela Lansbury discovers him.
Ex-husband of Patty Duke
Father of Mackenzie Astin
Former Stepfather of Sean Astin