John P. Ryan (1936 - 2007)
- Dillinger (1973) [Charles Makley]: Shot during a robbery (for accuracy, Makley was killed while trying to escape prison and it was after Dillinger's death).
- The Missouri Breaks (1976) [Si]: Shot in the side with a rifle by Marlon Brando.
- Runaway Train (1985) [Warden Ranken]: Killed (off-screen) along with Jon Voight in a train crash after Jon disconnects the engine from the rest of the train in order to save Eric Roberts and Rebecca De Mornay. The movie ends before the actual crash; we only see him trap inside the engine as it heads towards its destruction, but the implication of his fate is obvious.
- The Cotton Club (1984) [Joe Flynn] Stabbed to death by James Remar after John makes fun of James at a party.
- Avenging Force (1986) [Prof. Elliott Glastenbury]: Impaled on a sculpture during a fight with Michael Dudikoff.
- Death Wish 4: The Crackdown (1987) [Nathan White]: Killed in an explosion when Charles Bronson shoots him with a grenade launcher, after John had machine-gunned Kay Lenz.
- Class of 1999 (1990) [Mr. Hardin]: Playing an android, he is destroyed when Bradley Gregg shoots him in the mouth.
- Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (1993) [Buzz Bronski]: Crushed to death by Andrea (Dana Delaney), in her guise, the Phantasm (Stacy Keach) when she pushes a statue on top of him after knocking him into an open grave.