John Russell (1921 - 1991)
- Yellow Sky (1948) [Lengthy]: Shot to death in a shoot-out with Gregory Peck.
- Man in the Saddle (The Outcast) (1951) [Hugh Clagg]: Shot repeatedly in the chest by Alexander Knox, after Alexander erroneously believes that John had implied that Joan Leslie was unfaithful to Alexander.
- The Last Command (1955) [Lt. Dickinson]: Stabbed with bayonets by Mexican soldiers after they corner him during the battle at the Alamo. (Thanks to Brian)
- Apache Uprising (1966) [Vance Buckner] Killed (off-screen) by the Apaches. We last see him being dragged away after Rory Calhoun hands him over to the Indians (who were seeking to avenge John's rape of an Apache girl).
- Buckskin (The Frontiersman) (1968) [Patch]: Shot to death by Lon Chaney Jr. during a big shoot-out. (Thanks to Brian)
- Pale Rider (1985) [Marshall Stockburn]: Shot six times in the chest, then once in the head, by Clint Eastwood, killing him the same way John and his deputies did to Doug McGrath . (Thanks to Brian)
- Maverick: Rage for Vengeance (1958) [John Grimes]: Shot to death in a showdown with James Garner. (Thanks to Tom)