Laura Dern (1967 - )
Film Deaths Edit
- Rambling Rose (1991) [Rose]: Dies (off-screen) of unspecified natural causes; we learn of her death afterwards when Robert Duvall informs John Heard. (Thanks to Tom)
- October Sky (1999) [Frieda Riley]: Dies (off-screen) of cancer; her death is mentioned in the on-screen text at the end of the movie.
- Inland Empire (2006) [Nikki Grace/Susan Blue]: Stabbed in the stomach with a screwdriver by Julia Ormond on the sidewalk; she staggers down the street and dies several minutes later while a homeless woman (Helena Chase) talks to her. After her death, a film crew is revealed, and Laura gets up and walks out of the studio. (Due to the film's surreal nature, it's open to interpretation as to whether her "death" was just a film-within-the-film sequence, or whether the death was real and her "actress" persona is just a fantasy or an afterlife experience.)
- Wild (2014) [Bobbi Grey]: Dies (off-screen) of terminal cancer. Her body is shown in her hospital bed when Reese Witherspoon comes in to see her. She is seen periodically by Reese with her face obscured throughout the film.
- Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017) [Vice Admiral Holdo]: Sacrifices herself by crashing her ship into a larger ship when she goes into hyperspace.
Television Deaths Edit
- The Siege at Ruby Ridge (1996; TV movie) [Vicki Weaver]: Shot in the back by an FBI sniper (Bruce Locke) through a door, when Bruce is firing at Randy Quaid as Randy runs inside.
- Twin Peaks: Part 16 (2017) [Diane Evans]: Portraying a spiritual duplicate of the real "Diane Evans", she is shot to death by Miguel Ferrer and Chrysta Bell. She later "dies" again when her spirit ceases to exist.
- Ex-wife of Ben Harper