Margaret Sullavan (1911 - 1960)
Deaths in FilmEdit
- Only Yesterday (1933) [Mary Lane]: Dies of heart failure after saying goodbye to her son (Jimmy Butler) on her deathbed.
- Three Comrades (1938) [Patricia 'Pat' Hollmann]: Dies of pneumonia (on top of tuberculosis) after deliberately walking out onto the balcony in the cold winter air; she dies shortly afterwards as Robert Taylor kneels by her side.
- The Mortal Storm (1940) [Freyna Roth]: Shot by Nazi soldiers while fleeing through the Alps; she dies in James Stewart's arms shortly afterwards. (Thanks to Mac)
- Back Street (1941) [Ray Smith]: Dies of natural causes; compounded by grief over Charles Boyer's death.
- No Sad Songs for Me (1960) [Mary Scott]: Dies of cancer.
- Ex-Mrs. Henry Fonda.
- Ex-Mrs. William Wyler (Director).
- Ex-Mrs. Leland Hayward (Broadway Producer).
- Mother of Brooke Hayward.