Pete Postlethwaite (1946 - 2011)
- Hamlet (1990) [Player King]: "Dies" in a play-within-the-play sequence when another actor pours poison in his ear, while Mel Gibson watches Alan Bates' reaction.
- Alien 3 (1992) [David]: Killed by the alien after it sneaks up behind him while Pete is running through the tunnels; we see the alien's inner jaws smash through Pete's head and the window on the other side of the locked door. (Thanks to Munoz)
- The Last of the Mohicans (1992) [Captain Beams]: Stabbed to death by a Huron warrior during a battle, while trying to help Madeleine Stowe and Jodhi May run to safety.
- In the Name of the Father (1993) [Giuseppe Conlon]: Dies of cardiopulmonary edema in prison, with his son (Daniel Day-Lewis) by his side. (Thanks to A)
- Suite 16 (1995) [Glover]: Head smashed through a window during a fight with Antonie Kamerling, after Pete kills Geraldine Pailhas.
- Crimetime (1996) [Sidney]: Stabbed/slashed and bludgeoned to death at the end of a struggle with Stephen Baldwin.
- When the Sky Falls (2000) [Martin Shaughnessy]: Shot in the chest by a hitman in his apartment; his body then falls through the window and onto a parked car below.
- Æon Flux (2005) [Keeper]: Killed in an explosion when Charlize Theron and Marton Csokas blows up the airborne laboratory.
- The Omen (2006) [Father Brennan]: Impaled by a lightning rod (and slashed by falling glass) that falls from the church building. (See also Patrick Troughton in the 1976 original.)
- Solomon Kane (2009) [William Crowthorn]: Stabbed repeatedly during a sword battle with Samuel Roukin's followers; he dies in Alice Krige's arms while talking to James Purefoy. (Thanks to ND)
- Clash of the Titans (2010) [Spyros]: Drowned, along with Elizabeth McGovern and Sinead Michael, after Ralph Fiennes uses his godly powers to sink their fishing boat, as Sam Worthington attempts to save them. (Thanks to Blinky and Tommy)
- Inception (2010) [Maurice Fischer]: Dies (off-screen) of an unspecified illness; his death is confirmed when Ken Watanabe informs Leonardo DiCaprio and Ellen Page. He is shown on his deathbed in a dream reality experienced by his son (Cillian Murphy). (Thanks to Tommy)
- The Town (2010) [Fergus 'Fergie' Colm]: Shot in the chest, stomach and crotch in a shoot-out with Ben Affleck in Pete's flower shop. (Thanks to Tommy, JOK, and ND)