a.k.a. The Empire Strikes Back
Director: Irvin Kershner
- Stephen Buchanan (Imperial Captain-in hologram)
- Michael Culver (Lorth Needa)
- John Dicks (Imperial Officer)
- Julian Glover (General Veers) (deleted scene)
- Mark Hamill (dream death)
- Ian Liston (AT-AT driver)
- Oliver Maguire (Cabbel)
- Christopher Malcolm (Zev Senesca)
- John Morton (Dak Ralter)
- Chris Parsons (K-3PO)
- Michael Sheard (Admiral Ozzel)
- Mark Hamill had to bang his head 16 times on the ceiling of Yoda's hut before Irvin Kershner was satisfied.
- George Lucas initially called this the worst Star Wars film, and apologized for its existence. He changed his mind after he found out some people believed it was the best Star Wars film.
- The shots where Luke uses his Jedi powers to retrieve his lightsaber from a distance were achieved by having Mark Hamill throw the lightsaber away and then running the film in reverse.
- David Prowse was unaware that Darth Vader was Luke's father until he saw the film and was quite upset with George Lucas afterwards, saying his physical acting would have been completely different if he'd known the real line.
- Carrie Fisher stood on a box for many of her scenes with Harrison Ford in order to make up for the height difference and have her appear in the frame with him. Carrie Fisher (5'1) was a foot shorter than Harrison Ford (6'1).
- George Lucas was so impressed by Frank Oz's performance as Yoda that he spent thousands of dollars on an advertising campaign to try and get him an Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actor. Lucas's campaign ultimately failed because it was felt that a puppeteer wasn't an actor. Lucas felt this wasn't fair to Oz, who honestly didn't care.
- The famous "I Am Your Father" line is one of the most misquoted lines with starting with "Luke", instead of actually "No", even James Earl Jones himself misquoted it that way in the documentary "Empire of Dreams".