The Snowman (2017)
Directed by Tomas Alfredson and written by Hossein Amini and Peter Straughan,
For well over a decade across Scandinavia during the winter months a number of people, notably English speaking expats have gone missing with only pieces of them ever being recovered...if at all. Now in Oslo seasoned if flawed Detective Harry Hole (Michael Fassbender) investigates the disappearance of a woman whose pink scarf is found wrapped around a morbid snowman, joining forces with a rookie detective (Rebecca Ferguson) whose father supposedly committed suicide, Harry and his newly formed team notices a disturbing pattern in mysterious vanishings and unsolved murders with always two things commonplace; if the victims are found they have been surgically dismembered and ominous-looking snowmen have been left at the scene of each crime
- Rebecca Ferguson (Katrine Bratt)
- Sofia Helin (Boy's Mother)
- Genevieve O'Reilly (Birtie Becker)
- Chloë Sevigny (Sylvia Ottersen/Ane Ottersen)
- Jo Nesbø has a cameo in the movie.
- Martin Scorsese was originally attached to direct this movie. He remained on board as executive producer.
- Michael Fassbender started shooting this movie only two days after wrapping on Assassin's Creed (2016).
- All of Val Kilmer's lines are dubbed throughout the film. According to a Reddit AMA in May 2017, Kilmer disclosed that he had "a healing of cancer," and his tongue "was still swollen although healing all the time."
- Jonny Greenwood created a score that was not used.